- It was invented by a Joe Sheridan in Foynes in the West of Ireland in the 1930s, as a way to liven up air passengers who had just spent 24 hours crossing the Atlantic.
- The cream floating on the top was meant to mimic Guinness.
- Adding sugar helps the cream to float. (It makes the coffee denser)
- The more whiskey you add, the more sugar will you need to add.
- You have to whip the cream to get it to float, otherwise the whole thing mixes together
Thanks to Ian Flitcroft who has just published Oh Come All Ye Faithful: The Foodies Guide to a Millionaire’s Christmas Feast.
OUR TIP Use our Farmers Friend coffee from our Flavor Boxes